The 110-year-old building will retain much of the original Neo-Baroque architecture, with the interior transformed to offer cutting-edge design with ultra-comfy beds, oversized showers and plenty of tech-savvy features.
Aloft, the destination sensation brand from Starwood Hotels & Resorts, was created to shake up the staid and traditional mid-market hotel sector. Delivering urban-influenced design and an energetic guest experience at an affordable price point, Aloft Liverpool will feature 116 loft-like guest rooms and Aloft Hotel's signature W XYZSM bar, an atmospheric public space where guests can mix and mingle, read the paper, work on laptops, play a game of pool or grab a drink with friends.
Situated on North John Street, Aloft Liverpool will offer something new to savvy travellers tired of the bland, one-size-fits-all mid-market hotel model. The hotel is also perfectly situated within easy reach of fabulous shops, buzzing nightlife and Liverpool's world-class galleries and museums.
Aloft Liverpool's key features and guest facilities include:
- Stylish and spacious rooms featuring Aloft's signature ceilings of nearly three metres high, oversized windows and ultra-comfortable plush platform beds
- Large walk-in showers with rainfall showerheads and complimentary Bliss amenities
- 42" LCD TVs and plug 'n play docking stations, allowing guests to link their computer straight to the TV
- Fast & free wireless internet access across the whole hotel, including all guest rooms
- W XYZ bar - the place to meet, mix & mingle, home to signature cocktails and regular DJ nights
- re:fuel by Aloft - a one-stop, 24-hour grab-and-go food and beverage area, offering sweet, savoury and healthy food, snacks and beverages
- re:charge fitness centre - open 24/7 for guests' gym fix day or night
- tactic - a suite of five high-tech meeting rooms equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual, plasma TV and complimentary WiFi
- arf - Animals R Fun, an exclusive pet-friendly programme where furry friends can enjoy a stay with an Aloft-branded bed, bowl and complimentary treats and toys
Over the past week Liverpool has been completely consumed by all things Giant. From the moment the Grandmother was unveiled on Wednesday in St George's Hall, locals and tourists alike were charmed by the larger-than-life visitors. The giant Royal De Luxe street puppets visited Liverpool from July 23-27 2014 for a free event in the city as part of the World War I centenary commemorations, walking right past the stunning Royal Insurance building.