14th March 2018
Hotels across the UK have been celebrating after collecting top titles at a glamorous black tie awards night in London.
The annual awards ceremony, hosted by Redefine BDL Hotels (RBH), recognises the best hotels, teams and individuals across its 75-strong UK hotel portfolio and support teams.
Held at Holiday Inn London – Brentford Lock on Friday 9th March, the awards saw accolades presented across nine categories.
More than 70 members of staff were recognised as employees of the year – an increase of 28 from last year, showcasing the increasingly talented team across the portfolio.
The exceptional capital management team were named ‘Best in Class’, a first for the awards as individual hotels have previously taken home this title. The team earned the accolade for their contribution to a transformed reporting and communication service in the past year.
A large number of RBH hotels have outperformed their market expectations, proving 2016/17 to be an exceptional performing year across the portfolio. One property which excelled in this category, earning them this year’s ‘Market Share Award’, was Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre.
Individual winners of the night included bar team member, Carol Thomas from Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa who was recognised for ‘Exceptional Service’ and ambitious HR Manager Gemma Barter from Crowne Plaza London – Docklands, who took home the ‘Rising Star’ award.
Host venue Holiday Inn London – Brentford Lock was presented with the ‘Engagement Award’ after exceeding its target employee engagement scores and demonstrating exceptional two-way communication for its entire team.
A highly original application, which included a poem and supporting video clip helped Crowne Plaza Reading to secure the ‘Transformation and Innovation Award’.
And the spotlight was firmly on Beatriz Orta from Holiday Inn London – Camden Lock who clinched the General Manager of the Year title, and ibis Styles Glasgow Centre George Square which took the highly coveted ‘Hotel of The Year’ Award.
John Stuart, Chief Operating Officer of RBH, said: “Our annual awards ceremony is a perfect platform to recognise and celebrate the superb performance of hotels across the portfolio and the talented individuals that work within them.
“I’d like to congratulate all of our award winners for 2018, all very well deserved. Here’s to another successful year for our teams.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Market Share Award – Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre
- Rising Star Award – Gemma Barter, HR Manager, Crowne Plaza London – Docklands
- Exceptional Service Award – Carol Thomas, Bar team member, Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa with special mention to Holiday Inn Express London – Earl’s Court
- Transformation & Innovation Award – Crowne Plaza Reading
- Employee of the Year – 71 employees recognised
- Engagement Award – Holiday Inn London – Brentford Lock
- Best in Class Award – Redefine|BDL Hotels Capital Team (Gregor MacNaughton, Fraser Hyslop, Amanda Currie, Andrew Ross, Denise Devine, Adam Marshall, Liam Shearsby and Lloyd Watters)
- General Manager of the Year – Beatriz Orta, Holiday Inn London – Camden Lock
- Hotel of the Year – ibis Styles Glasgow Centre George Square