RBH celebrates its portfolio’s achievements at annual awards
RBH, the UK’s most experienced hospitality management company, brought together its portfolio of over 45 hotels in London to celebrate the achievements of the past year at its annual awards night.
The evening followed on from RBH’s 2-day annual conference, and recognised outstanding performance across 8 categories, with the coveted ‘Hotel of the Year’ award going to Hampton by Hilton London Docklands. The award is measured against 7 core metrics: hotel’s market share, profitability, profit flowthrough, guest experience, health & safety audit compliance, employee retention and engagement and energy reduction; in which the hotel performed excellently and surpassed its targets.
Other award winners included Laura Telford from Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough, taking ‘General Manager of the Year’. Each of the shortlisted General Managers were celebrated for having had a fantastic year – from their positive performance metrics to leading motivated and engaged teams who perform to exceptional standards. However, Laura was recognised for her hotel’s excellent RGI and guest experience performance, as well as for her team’s retention and engagement scores.
In addition, the RBH Capital Projects Team, led by Chief Technical Officer, Gregor MacNaughton, was recognised as the business’s team of the year in recognition of their importance in setting RBH apart from RBH’s competitors. Finally attendees also celebrated each hotel’s and management company’s chosen Employee of the Year, demonstrating RBH’s core values of integrity, care, ambition and excellence. Of the 46 employees of the year, 32 were women.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- The Talent Retention Award, sponsored by Budweiser Brewing Company, was awarded to Hilton Aberdeen TECA and Aloft Aberdeen TECA.
- The RBH Team of the Year, sponsored by Diageo, was awarded to the RBH Capital Projects Team.
- The Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Nestlé Coffee Partners and Oranka was awarded to Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.
- The Innovation in the Use of Technology Award, sponsored by Trisaas, was awarded to The Lyndene Hotel, Blackpool.
- The Giving Something Back Award, sponsored by Enva and Fresh Direct, was awarded to Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.
- The Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Hilton and Marriott, was awarded to Ashley Wykes (Cluster Director of Sales at Hampton by Hilton Manchester Northern Quarter and the Townhouse Manchester).
- The General Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by IHG Hotels & Resorts, was awarded to Laura Telford (Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough).
- The Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by The Omni Group - Omni Facilities Management, was awarded to the Hampton by Hilton London Docklands.
News & Updates
RBH Owners’ Conference 2023 delivers key forecasts for the year ahead
29 November 2023
RBH hosted its hotel owner partners for its 2023 conference, hearing from top industry experts
RBH’s Martin MacPhail wins People Manager of the Year at prestigious Hotel Cateys
14 November 2023
RBH’s HR Director Martin MacPhail has been recognised with the People Manager of the Year award at the Hotel Cateys
RBH to manage its first AC Hotels by Marriott property
14 November 2023
This week sees the launch of AC Hotel by Marriott Glasgow, the first to be managed by RBH
RBH launches its talent development programme for 2024
31 October 2023
RBH has launched its Pyramid Programme for 2024 – a fast-track talent development scheme for hospitality professionals showing great promise.