RBH celebrates its portfolio’s achievements at annual awards
RBH, the UK’s most experienced hospitality management company, brought together its portfolio of over 45 hotels in London to celebrate the achievements of the past year at its annual awards night.
The evening followed on from RBH’s 2-day annual conference, and recognised outstanding performance across 8 categories, with the coveted ‘Hotel of the Year’ award going to Hampton by Hilton London Docklands. The award is measured against 7 core metrics: hotel’s market share, profitability, profit flowthrough, guest experience, health & safety audit compliance, employee retention and engagement and energy reduction; in which the hotel performed excellently and surpassed its targets.
Other award winners included Laura Telford from Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough, taking ‘General Manager of the Year’. Each of the shortlisted General Managers were celebrated for having had a fantastic year – from their positive performance metrics to leading motivated and engaged teams who perform to exceptional standards. However, Laura was recognised for her hotel’s excellent RGI and guest experience performance, as well as for her team’s retention and engagement scores.
In addition, the RBH Capital Projects Team, led by Chief Technical Officer, Gregor MacNaughton, was recognised as the business’s team of the year in recognition of their importance in setting RBH apart from RBH’s competitors. Finally attendees also celebrated each hotel’s and management company’s chosen Employee of the Year, demonstrating RBH’s core values of integrity, care, ambition and excellence. Of the 46 employees of the year, 32 were women.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- The Talent Retention Award, sponsored by Budweiser Brewing Company, was awarded to Hilton Aberdeen TECA and Aloft Aberdeen TECA.
- The RBH Team of the Year, sponsored by Diageo, was awarded to the RBH Capital Projects Team.
- The Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Nestlé Coffee Partners and Oranka was awarded to Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.
- The Innovation in the Use of Technology Award, sponsored by Trisaas, was awarded to The Lyndene Hotel, Blackpool.
- The Giving Something Back Award, sponsored by Enva and Fresh Direct, was awarded to Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.
- The Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Hilton and Marriott, was awarded to Ashley Wykes (Cluster Director of Sales at Hampton by Hilton Manchester Northern Quarter and the Townhouse Manchester).
- The General Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by IHG Hotels & Resorts, was awarded to Laura Telford (Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough).
- The Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by The Omni Group - Omni Facilities Management, was awarded to the Hampton by Hilton London Docklands.
News & Updates
RBH rolls out Too Good To Go scheme across entire portfolio
22 May 2023
In a bid to tackle food waste, RBH launches partnership with the world’s largest surplus food platform, Too Good To Go
IHIF: Doing more with less
17 May 2023
Susan Bland facilitates discussion on optimising workforce productivity and getting the most out of your teams at IHIF's 25th annual conference
RBH boosts luxury portfolio with 200th hotel
10 May 2023
RBH marks its 200th hotel management partnership with the opening of another upscale luxury property – The Municipal Hotel Liverpool
RBH Hospitality Management celebrates 20 years with Crowne Plaza London Docklands
5 May 2023
Celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Crowne Plaza London Docklands under RBH’s management since opening in May 2003
Giving Something Back
RBH wins Springboard’s Health & Wellbeing Award
21 April 2023
RBH picked up Springboard's award for Employee Health & Wellbeing in recognition of its commitment to its people