RBH celebrates its portfolio’s achievements at annual awards
RBH brought together its portfolio of hotels at Aberdeen’s P&J Live to celebrate the achievements of the past year at its annual awards night.
The evening followed on from RBH’s 2-day annual conference, and recognised outstanding performance across 8 categories, with the coveted ‘Hotel of the Year’ award going to Holiday Inn Express Southampton.
Other award winners included Claire Barrowclough from Holiday Inn Express Southampton, taking ‘General Manager of the Year’, making it a particularly successful night for the Southampton property.
The management company also introduced a new award this year. Following on from the launch of its Giving Something Back programme at its virtual Conference and Awards last year, the Giving Something Back award recognised the hotel that demonstrated the most effective activities and policies to actively contribute to RBH’s commitment to its people, community and environment. The award went to Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough – Centre Square.
Attendees also celebrated all the hotel’s and management company’s chosen Employee of the Year.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- The Talent Retention Award, sponsored by Budweiser Brewing Company, was awarded to Holiday Inn Express Barrow-in-Furness.
- The RBH Team of the Year, sponsored by Matthew Clark, was awarded to the RBH Facilities Management Team.
- The Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Nestlé Coffee Partners was awarded to Holiday Inn Express Barrow-in-Furness.
- The Innovation in the Use of Technology Award, sponsored by The Access Group, was awarded to DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.
- The Giving Something Back Award, sponsored by Maximeyes Group, was awarded to Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square.
- The Manager of the Year Awards, sponsored by Hilton and Marriott, were awarded to Vicky Scott (Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square) and Marta Skowron (Hilton and Aloft Aberdeen TECA).
- The General Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by IHG, was awarded to Claire Barrowclough (Holiday Inn Express Southampton)
- The Hotel of the Year Award, sponsored by Omni Facilities Management, was awarded to Holiday Inn Express Southampton.
The evening also included a raffle, raising a total of £2,643, the proceeds of which have gone to RBH’s new charity partnership, Mental Health UK. This marked the company’s first major fundraising initiative for the charity since launching the partnership in February.
News & Updates
RBH rolls out Too Good To Go scheme across entire portfolio
22 May 2023
In a bid to tackle food waste, RBH launches partnership with the world’s largest surplus food platform, Too Good To Go
IHIF: Doing more with less
17 May 2023
Susan Bland facilitates discussion on optimising workforce productivity and getting the most out of your teams at IHIF's 25th annual conference
RBH boosts luxury portfolio with 200th hotel
10 May 2023
RBH marks its 200th hotel management partnership with the opening of another upscale luxury property – The Municipal Hotel Liverpool
RBH Hospitality Management celebrates 20 years with Crowne Plaza London Docklands
5 May 2023
Celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Crowne Plaza London Docklands under RBH’s management since opening in May 2003
Giving Something Back
RBH wins Springboard’s Health & Wellbeing Award
21 April 2023
RBH picked up Springboard's award for Employee Health & Wellbeing in recognition of its commitment to its people